Friday, September 10, 2010

Testing, testing...

In recent times, I've become a Nerdfighter. I have faith that most of my followers knew this before I did (the concept of a Nerdfighter, that is) so I'll only explain with a link on my Twitter when I feel like looking up the video where all this is explained again.
Yes, I'm lazy, but I am also tired.
Anyway, as a result, French the llama is now something I will endeavour to circulate. Not only is completely random, but I enjoy social changes just for funzies.
For instance - though I believe this comes more under social havoc than change - I found a spelling error on a bag of Mrs Field's Cookies, and showed the people at the store. As I left, three were huddled around the bag, one on the phone.
Anyway, so I'm going to make French the llama a new and exciting thing, and hopefully more people will adopt it, as I will also do with the sarcasm hand.

However - and the reason why this blog post is titled 'Testing, testing...' - there is another phrase I feel content to test. That one is Holly Valance, shouted at all levels. Examine the following situation:
Henry: "Oh, no."
Liza: "What?"
Henry: "There's a hole in my bucket."
Liza: "Well, fix it."
As a result of the conversation, we end up with a round which conceivably has no end. But if Henry had gone about it this way, we may have had a different result:
Henry: "HOLLY VALANCE!"
Liza: [clearly panicking] "What?! WHAT IS IT?!"
Henry: "THERE'S A HOLE IN MY BUCKET!"
Liza: "OH NO! HERE! WE'LL GET A NEW BUCKET AND THEN SORT OUT THE OTHER BUCKET!"
Which eliminates the need for Liza and Henry to sing at each other and for Liza to pointlessly suggest things to Henry which Henry has already considered, and knows that they won't work.

So which works best? Holly Valance, or French the Llama?
Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment