Wednesday, August 3, 2011

25 questions that you never actually asked me.

Oh hai.
So, yes. I'm really becoming terrible at updating this blog. I don't have much else to say except for the more-frequent-than-ever-rant - which, after I do this (needs time to fester a bit more), I'll actually post - and frankly, you guys deserve better than that.
But on the off chance you completely miss me (snort), I live over here now, at my new sort of bookish blog. (Go on! Click the enticing large font! I dare you!)
Also, Maija and I are starting up a bridal blog. Heads up for that.

Anywho! Meme post to get my writing shenanigans underway!

1) Post 15 facts about yourself.
I currently have no favourite band. My favourite TV show is Offspring (to which my Twitter followers reply, "OH WOW SUCH A SECRET THERE"). I am very much obsessed with the song 'All Hell' by The Cat Empire and long to play it on piano. I don't know how to play the piano. I have two golden retrievers who, while irritating from time to time, are lovely. I work in a deli (still, and much to my distress). I am very bad at cleaning. I also am very bad at turning on lights when it gets dark if I've been sitting in the same position since it was light. According to psychological test studies, I am neither Anglo-Saxon nor Hispanic. I own a pair of socks with cow heads on them and grip on the soles. I can knit, but not purl. I have chosen my children's names because I'm just creepy. I plan on owning a Border Collie named Fernando at some stage. I love to draw, particularly faces and fashion illustration, but I've never sat still long enough to complete a realistic portrait. I get sweet kicks out of writing fan-fics that I'll never share with anyone.
2) Write about the best friends you’ve had over the years.
My best friend in Sydney was named Alyssa. Her family was from the Philippines, and I remember when she went to visit them. Neither of us knew where the Philippines actually was, so we assumed it was somewhere like Western Australia. She loved to write, like me, and to draw. We used to write stories about our adventures on safari and whatnot. (We would have been four or five.)
Then I moved to Wollongbar. Roanna and Liana came along. Liana lives at this blog. We were rather strange, I remember. Roanna moved to Cootamundra in Year 2, and Katrina came along. Year 3, Gemma came along. Liana loved Leonardo DiCaprio. I loved one of my brother's friends. I have no idea who Gemma and Katrina loved.
High school happened, and Kathryn came along. Liana and I didn't really keep in contact, but Gemma, Trina and I did. Not much to really tell - after all, you've heard about Kathryn, and you've heard about Gemma and Katrina.
Now uni's happened, and I've pretty much whittled it down to Trina. YOU'VE STAYED SINCE YEAR 2. AREN'T YOU SKILLED, TRINA. I have a variety of guy friends - I'd go to Josh for most anything, purely because I know he'd not judge one iota and also always listens to opposing opinions, a trait I aim to cultivate in myself. I have a bunch of pals that are people I'd go to for different things, but I just know I can count on Trina and Joshua the most out of my pallies.
3) If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you want to do?
I'd love to spend the day at the beach, wear a pair of Louboutins, dance at Southbank and sing to God.
4) Write about a period of time in your life where things seemed to be constantly going good.
Ah, unimaversity. Got an internship. Got a job. Semi-got a degree. Brisbane was excellent, I was seeing my lovely friends, and I just loved being there.
5) Write about a period of time in your life where things were not so good.
Ah, high school. Oh, everyone who says high school is the greatest time ever - I sincerely worry about the quality of your life after those horrible years.
6) When was the last time you cried? 
Last week.
7) Upload a recent picture of you.
'Recent' meaning 'A Couple of Months Ago Shush I'm Lazy':
Hobo gloves, nerdy glasses.
8) How do you feel today?
A combination of tired, completely over my job, and a little bit sad. Melancholy Tash is Melancholy.
9) What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?
"Oh my gosh. I love your eyes. They look like beads." - random customer at work, who was studying art and apparently had a fascination with eyes, according to her friend.
10) What’s the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you?
"... I guess you're pretty. You're just not as pretty as, say, Trina." Probably not mean but my gosh, it stung and I still remember it nearly two years later. #hangingontothepast
11) Write about the best day of your life.
Probably trip to Melbourne, getting to see Dali. Life dream was realised.
12) Write about the worst day of your life.
A day involving tears, vomiting, stress, screaming in pain and a whole lot of hugs. And many, many, panic attacks.
13) What are your plans for the future? Far and near.
I plan on returning to Brisbane and continuing my degree, while writing. Trina and I are housesharing, and we will make cakes. I think Glen's coming at this stage, too.
I hope to get married, and have some wildly funky children.
I want to have a bookstore.
I want to travel and visit Shakespeare's grave, and Neruda's grave, and throw some tomatoes in Spain.
I will write for the Sydney Morning Herald, a bridal magazine of some description, and edit one of these.
14) Post your favorite book, favorite movie, favorite band, and favorite food.
Book: Too, too many. Possibly HP&OotP. Possibly Letter Perfect. Possibly Atonement.
Movie: Moulin Rouge, Love Actually and Pride and Prejudice. These cannot be separated.
Band: None. I... I said that. Coldplay was it, but they're relegated to the Corner of Shame until they give me a new album.
Food: Chicken schnitzel and mash potato, with cheese empanadas. Ooh and cheesecake.
15) Write about something you worry about a lot.
... what don't I worry about a lot?
16) Upload a picture of your room and talk about your room.
No. It is messy. That is all.
17) Bullet your day.
Shoot it? *considers the implications of destroying the space-time continuum*
18) Post one confession/secret.
I am currently obsessing over a guy who couldn't care less about me.
19) Write about your last birthday and how you plan to spend your upcoming birthday.
I went to Brisbane and hung around the city, finding clues and attacking people. I don't have plans for this coming one, but I am going to con Trina in helping make me an epic cake that we'll take to Southbank and eat with spoons.
20) What did you eat today?
Cheese on toast, and eggs on toast. Also, 4 Wicked Fizz lollies and a few spoonfuls of Nutella.
21) How has your life changed over the past year?
I'm back here, and I'm twenty million times more cynical about men than I was last year.
22) What made you smile the most today?
Frezned's video about eyes.
23) Describe what you spend most of your time on.
Writing and reading.
24) How was your week been?
An absolute pain in the butt that I'd shoot if I could, qualms about the space-time continuum aside.
25) Write a letter to someone you miss. 
I miss very few people right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment